Terms & Conditions
NOTE : For the purpose of this document the terms ‘us’ and ‘we’ refer to Castley Farm Kennels, Castley Lane, Castley, LS21 2PY and ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to the owner of the boarding dog.
1. OWN RISK: We will take every care and consideration with your dog, which is accepted solely at your risk. You are free to bring your dog’s own bedding and toys should you wish, these are brought at your own risk and will not be replaced by us. Castley Farm Kennels cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property, possessions or vehicles, Howsoever caused, whilst on the premises. A maximum of three dogs from the same household to one kennel, boarding multiple dogs in the same kennel is at your own risk.
2.SAFETY : All dogs must be wearing a securely fastened collar and identification tag. Collars will NOT be removed during your dogs stay for health and safety reasons. All dogs *MUST BE KEPT ON A LEAD* whilst on the premises and travelling from car to kennels. We are a working farm and this is important for the safety of both your dog and our livestock. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property, possessions or vehicles, howsoever caused, whilst on the premises.
3. VACCINATIONS: All dogs must be vaccinated against Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, Distemper, Hepatitis and Leptospirosis. The Kennel Cough vaccination is also required. All vaccinations must be up to date. Should the vaccination be due to expire during your dog’s stay with us, please ensure that the renewal vaccine is given prior to the dog’s stay. A minimum of two weeks from finishing an INITIAL vaccination course is required for dogs to be accepted for boarding.* WE ARE UNABLE TO ADMIT DOGS WITHOUT SIGHT OF A VALID, UP-TO-DATE VACCINATION CARD*. Please also ensure your dog’s worm and flea treatments are up to date.
4. HEALTH: You warrant that any dog admitted for boarding is fit, sound and healthy, You must declare any existing or previous health condition PRIOR to your dogs stay. We reserve the right to refuse any dog not fit for boarding at our discretion.You must draw attention to any traits or vices that your dog may have. You authorise veterinary treatment to be carried out should it be considered necessary at our discretion, during the period of boarding. You will be required to settle any vet bills that may arise should your dog require treatment due to accident or illness whilst boarding at our facilities, these are payable on collection of your dog. Should your dog require veterinary treatment, they will be treated at Tower Wood Veterinary Group, 27 Tinshill Road, Leeds, LS16 7DR ONLY, unless prior arrangements have been made with us.
5. MEDICATION/SPECIALIST CARE: If medication/ specialist care is required, this will be undertaken provided your dog will accept the medication/ care without resistance. Specialist care is given at our discretion and we reserve the right to charge an additional fee for this service. You must provide full instructions and medical history. This can be obtained from your veterinary practice.
6. NEUTERING: All male dogs must be neutered upon reaching maturity before we can accept them for boarding. For more information or to discuss this further please call us.
7.TRIAL DAYS: We offer one free trial day prior to your dog’s first stay at Castley Farm Kennels. These are available Mon-Fri by prior arrangement only. We will be open and honest with regard to your dogs behavior during the trial day. We reserve the right to refuse any dog, which we feel would not cope with a kennel environment, and therefore would be caused undue stress by an extended stay.
8.OPENING HOURS: Mon-Sat 8-10 am / 4-6pm. All dogs must be dropped off and collected within these specified opening hours unless prior arrangement has been agreed with the proprietors. Charges are per day. The day of departure will be charged in full unless your dog is collected before 10am on that day. Should you be unable to collect your dog in person, your representative must bring proof of identity, state the password agreed upon admission and be in a position to make full payment, before the dog is handed over. Should this be the case, please notify us in advance.
9.FAILURE TO COLLECT: You authorise the re-homing/sale/disposal of your dog in the most appropriate way possible should you fail to collect your dog within 10 days of the end of the boarding period and should they fail to contact us to provide an explanation. Every effort will be made to come to a reasonable arrangement prior to taking this action as a last resort.
10.CANCELLATIONS:Cancellations must be advised a minimum of four weeks prior to the date of arrival, or the full amount due will be invoiceable. In the event of no notification, the full amount will be invoiced to you. Refunds will not be given for an early collection before the date stated on your booking form. Deposits are non refundable.
11.PAYMENT: Payment can be made by cash, card or bank transfer. We reserve the right to request non-refundable deposits and all prices are subject to change. Outstanding payment must be received prior to the hand-over of any dog. We reserve the right to retain your dog at Castley Farm Kennels until full payment is received. Any extra days incurred will be chargeable at the normal rate.
12.STAFF SAFETY: The welfare of your dog during their stay is our main concern but we must also consider the safety of our staff. Should your dog behave aggressively towards our staff at a level considered by us to be unreasonable, we will contact you to arrange the immediate collection of your dog. This procedure ensures the safety of staff, visiting members of the public, your dog and other boarders.